What the primitive people believed
The first religions arose around 5 000 years ago. Earlier, the primitive people thought, that there are various forms of belief in the so-called. flats naturally. It is believed too, that primitive beliefs arose successively in the following stages:
- Beliefs in impersonal spiritual powers - the elements of nature, worship of the power of the storm or the sea.
- Beliefs in the personal spirits of ancestors, all ancestral cults took the form of entreaties, lest the dead harm the living.
- The beliefs in “Great Spirit”, who, according to the primitive people, created everything.
- Later, specific forms of belief developed:
- TOTEMISM (faith, that a living object or being, and sometimes an atmospheric phenomenon, is the guardian of a given community)
- ANIMIZM: means assigning nature to various objects, both movable and stationary (Pets, trees, mountains) living spirit beings (soul, deities). Man also has a soul (shower), which can leave the body temporarily during sleep and forever after death. Animism initiated magical tribute and imploring rituals, e.g.. tree cult. (faith, that objects found in nature have a soul)
- Manism: worship of deceased ancestors - faith, that their soul lives on after death.
- Different religions of the world – each denomination brings together millions of believers. Examples of the most famous religions: Christianity, islam, Buddhism, Judaisms, hinduizm.