CATECHISM OF I-COMMUNION CHILDREN according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church
Small Catechism - Prayers
- THE LORD'S PRAYER
our father, one is in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Your kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, yes and on earth. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
- ANGEL'S GREETINGS
Hail Mary, full of grace, Lord with you, blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
- Prayer to the guardian angel
My Guardian God Angel, You always stand by me. Morning, evening, in the day, in the night; always help me. Guard my soul and body and lead me to eternal life. Amen.
- APOSTOLIC COMPOSITION
I believe in God the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, Our Lord, who was conceived of the Holy Spirit, he was born of the Virgin Mary; martyred under Pontius Pilate, crucified, he died and was buried; he descended into hell on the third day he rose again; he ascended to heaven, he is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, holy catholic church, The communion of saints, forgiveness of sins, the body's resurrection, eternal life. Amen.
- THE TEN GOD'S COMMANDMENTS
1. You will have no other gods before me.
2. You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain.
3. remember, that you may keep the day holy.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. Do not kill.
6. Don't commit adultery.
7. Do not steal.
8. Do not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. Do not covet your neighbor's wife.
10. Not a single thing, which is his.
- THE FIVE CHURCH COMMANDMENTS
1. On Sundays and holidays, obligatory at Mass. to participate piously
and refrain from unnecessary work
2. Go to confession at least once a year
3. At least once a year during Easter, Holy Communion. accept
4. Preserve posts
5. To remedy the material needs of the Church
- THE COMMANDMENT OF LOVE
You will love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all his soul and with all his strength, and your neighbor as yourself.
- THE SEVEN SACRAMENTS OF SAINTS
1. The sacrament of baptism
3. Eucharist sacrament
4. The Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation
5. Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick
6. Sacrament of Holy Orders
7. The sacrament of marriage
- CONDITIONS OF THE SACRAMENT OF PENANCE AND RECONCILIATION
1. Examination of conscience
3. Strong resolve to improve
4. A sincere confession
- THEOLOGICAL NAMES
- CARDINAL NAMES
- THE MAIN TRUTHS OF FAITH
1. There is one God.
2. God is a just judge, who rewards you for good, and punishes bad.
3. There are three Divine Persons: God Father, The Son of God and the Holy Spirit.
4. The Son of God became man and died on the cross for our salvation.
5. The human soul is immortal.
6. God's grace is absolutely necessary for salvation.
- SEVEN MAIN SINS
5. Immoderation in eating and drinking
ACT OF FAITH
I believe in you, God alive, in the Trinity, the only true one.
I do believe, revealed something, God, Your word cannot be deceived.
ACT OF HOPE
I trust you, for you are faithful, Almighty and merciful.
You will forgive me of my sins, grace and eternal salvation.
ACT OF LOVE
God, though I don't understand you, but I love most of all.
Above all, what is made, because you are the infinite good.
ACT OF REGRET
But, I regret my anger, only for your love.
Be merciful to me a sinner, for you I forgive my neighbor.
- ANGEL OF THE LORD
The Angel of the Lord preached to the Virgin Mary,
And she conceived by the Holy Spirit. Hail Mary …..
Here I am the handmaid of the Lord,
Let it be done to me according to your word. Hail Mary…
And the Word was made flesh,
And it lived between us. Hail Mary…
We ask you, Lord, pour your grace into our hearts, that we may know the Incarnation of Christ after the Annunciation, Your son, through his passion and the Cross they were led to the glory of the Resurrection. Through the same Christ, Our Lord. Amen.
Small Catechism - Questions
- Who is God?– God is the infinitely perfect Spirit, Creator of heaven and earth.
- How many Divine Persons are there?– There are three Divine Persons: God Father, The Son of God and the Holy Spirit.
- As we call one God in three persons?-We call the one God in three persons the Most Holy Trinity.
- What does it mean to create ?– To create is to make something out of nothing.
- Who are the angels?– Angels are pure spirits,who have reason and free will, but they don't have a body.
- What do we call these angels, who rebelled?
– These angels, who rebelled are called evil spirits, devils or satans.
- Who is this man?– Man is a rational creature, composed of an immortal body and soul.
- Why God made man?– God made man, that he may know God, worshiped, he loved and served Him,and thus he attained eternal life.
- Who is Jesus Christ?– Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who became man for our salvation.
- What is the name of the Mother of Jesus Christ?– The mother of Jesus Christ is called the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Who was Saint Joseph ?– Saint Joseph was the Bridegroom of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Guardian of the Lord Jesus.
- Who is the Holy Spirit?– The Holy Spirit is the third divine person who comes from the Father and the Son.
- What is the Catholic Church, i.e. universal ?
– The Catholic Church, or universal, is the union of Christians, who, under the supreme authority of the Pope, seek salvation by professing the same faith and receiving the same Holy Sacraments.
- Who founded the Catholic Church?– The Catholic Church was founded by the Lord Jesus.
- What is a grave or mortal sin?– A grave or mortal sin is a completely conscious and voluntary violation of God's or ecclesiastical commandments in an important thing.
- What is a light or venial sin?-Light sin or venial sin is the transgression of God's or ecclesiastical commandments in a small or important thing, but not quite consciously and voluntarily.
- What a man loses by grave sin?– By a grave sin, man loses sanctifying grace.
- What is God's grace?– God's grace is a supernatural gift, which God gives us for salvation.
- What is sanctifying grace?– Sanctifying grace is a gift of God, who gives us supernatural life and makes us children of God.
- What is a sacrament?-A sacrament is a visible sign, who by the institution of the Lord Jesus gives us God's invisible grace.
- What is baptism?– Baptism is the first and most necessary sacrament, who takes away original sin, gives us supernatural life and makes us members of the Catholic Church.
- What is the Blessed Sacrament?
– The Blessed Sacrament is the true Body and Blood of Jesus Christ under the appearances of bread and wine.
- When the Lord Jesus instituted the Blessed Sacrament?
– The Lord Jesus instituted the Blessed Sacrament on Holy Thursday during the Last Supper.
- What is Holy Mass? – The Holy Mass is an offering of the New Testament, in which the Lord Jesus offers himself to his Father under the appearances of bread and wine.
- What is Repentance? – Penance is the Sacrament of Reconciliation, in which the priest, in the place of God, forgives the sins committed after baptism.
- What is an examination of conscience?– Examination of conscience is remembering your sins, we have committed.
- What is sorrow for sin ?– Repentance is the pain of the soul and disgust for the sin committed against
the resolve not to sin for the future.
- When our regret is perfect?– Regret is perfect then, when we repent of love for God,to the best Father we have offended.
- What is confession?– Confession is a confession with repentance of all sins before a priest to obtain absolution.
30.What is making amends to God? Atonement to God is a reward to God for sins committed before performing the penance designated by the priest at confession.
31.What is Heaven? Heaven is a state of eternal happiness.
- What is purgatory?-Purgatory is a state of temporal punishment after death.
33.What is hell? – Hell is a state of eternal punishment.